Tuesday 27 March 2012


This is just a random article that really tug my heartstrings. It is in Chinese but I will translate it for you. The title of this article is, "9 sentences that are most heartbreaking for your parents." This is an article that the journalist of our chinese newspaper found on a china website, stating the 9 sentences that children are forbidden to speak. These sentences may seem to be harmless to the children, but are actually very heartbreaking to the parents. In a survey done, more than 90% of the children said that they actually use at least 1 sentence often. 


These 9 sentences are:
1) "Okay, okayyy, I know, stop nagging."
2) "Is there anything else, if not I'm going to hang up."
3) "You won't understand even if I told you, so don't ask."
4) "How many times have I told you not to do this, you don't even do a good job when you do it anyway."
5) "Your thinking is so old-fashioned."
6) "I told you not to tidy up my room, see, now I can't find my things."
7) "I know which food I want to eat, don't help me."
8) "I told you not to eat these leftovers, why don't you listen."
9) "I know what I am doing, don't talk about it, aren't you sick of it?"


Personally, I am guilty of speaking 1 or 2 of these sentences to my mother when I am frustrated. In this generation, we seem to focus lesser on filial piety and only on ourselves. I hope that the people who have read this will follow me and try to correct ourselves and treat our parents better. We do not wish to hurt them anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment